Friday, April 4, 2008

You have got to be kidding me

I need to stop reading CNN. I am going to end up having a blog about the latest news stories, and then I will have to do research, and blah... I do have one more VERY important announcement to make. I read it here first.

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK ARE HAVING A REUNION!!!!

I was the biggest NKOTB fan alive!! I plastered my walls with pictures of Donnie Wahlberg. I read everything I could. I even had the doll, which now lives with Barbie in Meredith's closet. Somewhere in the attic is the book from the concert I begged to go to. My friends and I hardly ever had a conversation that didn't include those hot boys. I am so excited.


Are they joking? It is April 5th, not the 1st!!! The New Kids are pushing 40. I can't believe its been 20 years. I can't believe that their producers would think that people like me would go see them today. I have noticed that most of the toys I played with as a kids are available in stores now, but come on. Buying the girl a carebear or the boy a transformer is a bit different than dragging them to see 5 older men (one whom I am pretty sure is balding) jump around the stage singing "Hangin Tough."

I may secretly download their new album, but I draw the line there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you loved them. I can remember you and a friend (Nikki or Heahter) making jeans and shoes to go to the concert. I also remember all those pics on the walls and your dolls. I used to think that you were going to marry one of them :) I am so glad that you didnt though. I like the husband you did end up :)

rakethetable said...

Those are days us men approaching 40 still laugh about.

Hanging tough. The coolest gay macho song ever (if you were 14).

RoadRunner said...

I can't say I really cared for them the first time around when I was 12. Hope they don't break a hip trying to do those "boy band moves"

One Scrappy Gal said...

I was a HUGE fan growing up too!! Not that I'll ever admit it to anyone. And if anyone reads it on this blog...I'll say space monkeys posessed me to write this post.

I used to get up early Saturday mornings to record...that's right RECORD...their cartoon. I had the buttons. I had ALL the tapes (I just dated myself), even the very first one with songs like "Didn't I Blow Your Mind" and "Be My Girl." I wore a hat like Danny. I was a Joey/Jordan girl though. I loved that they sounded like castaratis while they sang...

I won't go to the concerts either...but I might secretly download the album too. SHHhhh... don't tell anyone...

Anonymous said...

Yes you were the biggest NKOTB dork that I knew. Sorry but it was true.


J

Farm Girl in MD said...

My parents never let me listen to NKOTB. I had a friend who was obsessed with them so I got to sample a song here or there...