Friday, April 25, 2008

Spots

Randy has been home from school most of the week. He has woken up each morning looking something like this.

This picture was taken yesterday. Earlier in the week, he didn't look quite so bad. This all started Sunday night. Hives covered his entire body. We don't know what caused it, although, we suspect a new local honey we bought this weekend.

I finally took him to the doctor, because I was worried about his lips being swollen. She said he is allergic to something. DUH!!! But, she did give him some new medication. Benedryl did not work. Randy started the new medication, and last night he looked almost like a normal boy. The pharmacist said the steroids would make him hyper and irritable.

Good thing he can go to school today.

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

I love local honey. I have asked my wife if she thinks the neighbors would mine a hive or two in the back yard. Of course that means I would have to plant some flowers/plants.