Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What did she say?

It has been too long since my last post. I have been crazy busy with my sister being here, and school winding down for the year. The kids have been up too late, which means they are extra cranky, which makes me have an extra large headache.

Amanda and I had a great time. We played cards, and I won by a few hundred points. We went shopping, we ate lots of good food, we visited with my friends. It was a nice 10 days, although it went by fast. I will see her again over the summer when we go to visit family in Illinois.

I have several funny stories to tell... here are some.

1. As we were driving home from the airport the day Amanda arrived, we were talking about things here at home. Amanda asked about the rock quarry. Specifically, if it was still there. I told her that I didn't think that they had moved it. She asked something about if it had run out of rocks. I told her no.

2. One night, we were all eating dinner together. Randy and Meredith were talking. Brenna was crying because I am too slow shoveling food into her mouth. Ed was calling someone on his cell phone. (I think it was the Heinz company- this is a whole other story.) Amanda asked me about all this noise giving me a headache. Meredith said, "She is used to it, I was born talking." I guess she has heard me tell people that she never (and I mean NEVER) stops.

3. Amanda and I were at the mall last Friday. Brenna loves her stroller and will happily talk and play while I shop. I was looking at dresses for Meredith when I heard "Dadadadad." I couldn't believe it. I had been working with her since she came home from the hospital to say Mama. It is so unfair. She has been saying "Hi" for a few weeks now, but Mama should come long before Dada. The other two said Dada before Mama too. Ed, of course, was happy.

No comments: