Tuesday, June 10, 2008

List

Sunday was our 12th anniversary. I can hardly believe that time has gone so fast. Sometimes, it seems like yesterday. Sometimes, it seems like it was 100 years ago.

Last year on our anniversary, I made the kids watch our wedding video. They were astonished at how much younger everyone was, and talked about it for days. This year they said they were not watching "that" again.

12 years ago, I would have never expected to be where we are now. Especially here in South Carolina, in such a small town. Moving here was a decision we made out of the blue one day. Sort of a throw a dart at the map type of thing. Amazingly, I was home the second we walked into our house.

A couple of years ago, I found a list Ed and I made, when we were about 16, of what we wanted someday. I was surprised to find we have most of that list. It even included living in the mountains. We were going to live near waterfalls, someplace where the leaves change colors. Ed was going to be a writer and we were going to have several typewriters. I hope 2 computers count for that. We were going to have 2 children. (Brenna is extra!) We were also going to have a helicopter, a condo in Chicago and a maid. Someday...

Some days, I get bored staying home with the kids. Some days, I complain about how the house is a mess, or the children are fighting. Some days, I get irritated that I tripped over the stupid dog, again.

But, everyday, I am thankful for the life Ed and I have made. We have so much fun together. We are best friends. We have the most beautiful children. We take the time to make memories, and to appreciate what we have. What more could a girl want??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh...you are very blessed. I hope someday I will also have a life as great and as loving as your life is with your beautiful family.

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

aw, that was a really cute post! congrats on the 12 years!! AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

what about a penelope?

-Grant

Melba said...

Congratulations on 12 years, this is wonderful!! That's so sweet about this list...I think the act of even writing such a list somehow sets wheels in motion for the decisions you make that inevitably lead to goals being achieved. I'm so glad you finally have a blog, it's great to get both sides of Ed's crazy stories! :)

Melba