Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trouble

It is a rainy day today. The kids are watching television. The baby is asleep. Ed is out hiking up to the top of South Carolina. What should I be doing??

What I am doing is typing this post and worrying that Ed will slide down Table Rock Mountain after the torrential down pour that just went through the area. We only had a 30% chance of rain for this afternoon when he left this morning. At about 9:30 (almost 2 hours after he left) severe thunderstorms passed by, and now, the rain doesn't seem to want to let up.

What I would like to be doing is painting with my new found love, watercolor pencils. Or, sewing the new sleep sacks for the baby. Or, taking a nap. Or... I could keep going, but it would take all day.

What I should be doing is starting dinner for the good friends that are coming over tonight.

Ed and I bought a new board game, Settlers of Catan. It is a 3-4 player game. Randy is too young to play with us, and we have tried to pretend that a 3rd person was playing with us. That didn't work to well. So now, we invite our friends to a nice dinner and then beg them to play with us. So far so good. I have been winning. Last time, the people that came over were more on my team. Especially the woman. She actually called Ed "the Devil" at one point. This was good for me.

One half of the couple coming over tonight is on top of Table Rock with Ed. My only hope is that they were too busy dodging lightning bolts that they didn't have time to talk strategy. Usually girls will stick together better than the boys, but Ed and Rick together could be big trouble.

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Go pick up the board game sequence. good for 7 year olds and adults. Little One caught on quickly to the game.