Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer

We have been busy lately. That is my excuse for not writing anything here recently.

I decided at the beginning of the summer to move the children's beds around. Randy had bunk beds, Meredith had a full size bed. They needed to switch because Randy's room needed to be used for guests. It is too hard to move the baby back into her crib after she spent a week sleeping with me. This decision caused a huge mess of obstacles.

No, not Randy throwing a fit because he has had those bunk beds for 5 years and I was ruining any chance of future happiness, which he did.
It was the list of things I need to do first.

Some of these projects I had started already and didn't want Ed to look at me funny.

With shopping for new bedding on my mind at all times, I needed to get some of those projects done fast.
In the last two weeks I have:

Made and put up a new shelf behind the TV (getting Tivo out of reach from Brenna)
Painted the front porch

Painted and changed the switch plate covers in the living room (took 4 years for me to get sick enough of the olds ones-they were gold)

Recovered the swing (made a new cover for the cushion and the awning)

Cleaned the workroom

Changed the radiator hose on my car (had no choice on that, the old one exploded)

and

Miscellanious things like changed air filters and light bulbs, cleaned light globes, and fixed broken toys that have been piling up in my closet.
I am sure I have forgotten something, but my brain is in shock and I just can't remember.

Yesterday, I moved the big bed into Randy's room and put one bunk bed in Meredith's room. The other bunk bed is going to be painted this week and put into her room when it is done, then I will paint the other.

In the middle of all of that, I did go shopping for the perfect quilts for the girls room. I can't wait until it is all done.

Don't worry though, I have another long list of things to do before I strip the wall paper off the kitchen walls and repaint. I won't get bored.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..you are one busy mamma. Want to come do some of those things for me :) hehe You can help me decorate my dorm room when your here.

rakethetable said...

I have a few things to do around the house if you have time. The pay stinks but I would REALLY appreciate it. really.